Friday, September 26, 2008

John McCain's changing campaign

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about how John McCain has changed over the course of this campaign. In 2004, I considered him a viable Republican candidate whom I would be proud to have as my president. Now, I'm not so sure how I feel. McCain's need to win has become palpable, from his changing policies to his pick of Palin, I'm glad to see that Carl Bernstein feels the same way. Also, this article brings up many of the points we discussed in class regarding a candidates right to privacy. John McCain's medical records are especially important because he has chosen such a controversial and seemingly inexperienced running mate. Just how sick is John McCain? How many times has he had cancer?

What is the American public supposed to make of a 72 year old man who, in a last-minute, Hail Mary decision, choose a woman whom he had only met twice as his running mate? Will he make the same sort of impulsive decisions for America if he is elected president?

No comments: